The University provides excellent infrastructure and facilities to carry out quality research. The Engineering Labs have state-of-the-art equipment and are ably supported by well qualified and experienced faculty and staff. In fact its Metallurgical and Mechanical Engineering laboratories are perhaps the most advanced labs of their kind not only in the State of Chhattisgarh but in Central India .
The University has set-up Centres of Excellence in the following areas:
• Material Science and Engineering
• Internet of Things (IOT)
• Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Further to build research ambience, number of faculty members are being supported by the University for their PhD program, Short Term Training Programs, Conferences, Workshops, Symposiums etc.
In addition, to foster & inculcate the research atmosphere amongst the students, various number of student chapters are also functioning:
• ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education)
• IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers -renewal under process
• CSI (Computer Society of India)
• AIST (Association for Iron & Steel Technology)
• IUCEE, (Indo US Collaboration for Engineering Education)
The University emphasises on practical learning, research and innovation in all its activities and envisions becoming hub of research and academic excellence in Central India, to say the least, in the coming years.