Department of Computer Science & Engineering
The Department is actively involved in various research activities in the emerging areas. The faculty, students and researchers carry out research inthe core domains and inter-disciplinary areas related to computer science The university has state-of-the-art research labs and adequate computing facilities to cater to the needs of Research activities:
- Intel Intelligence Systems Lab in association with Intel Inc and FICE and serves the purpose of IoTand Embedded systems reserach.
- We have MATLAB 2011 (30 users) with toolboxes like SIMULINK, Image Processing, DSP, Wavelet, control systems, communication, SIMSCAT etc, TETCOS networks etc, IBM Rational SEED (30 users).
- Research scholars are encouraged to use Free Open Source Software like NS2, LAMP, PROLOG, HADOOP etc for research and project work
- High end servers for cloud storage and computing.
- Access to IEEE, Springer and other scholarly journals and books.
Department of Civil Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering, O.P. Jindal University,is providing the Technical support/consultancy services to Jindal Steel &Power Limited , Raigarh for its upcoming four lane road project from Raigarh to Pathalgaon of 110 kms. The dept. is providing testing support for material testing of soil, compressive strengthdetermination, Bitumen testing & many more related fields as per the requirements from JSPL officials from time to time.
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering is equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories.
We have in EEE department the research facilities in the field of Power electronics, Electric drive and Electrical power system with the simulation facilities through MATLAB and Mi-Power software. Following research facilities are available at the department.
- Power Electronics.
- Electric Drives.
- Transmission Line Simulator.
- Microprocessor & Microcontroller.
- MATLAB software.
- Mi-Power software.
Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering is equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories.
We, at the department pursue first class research on materials processing as well as materials development. Major fields of research focus is towards ancient iron making, structure property correlations in materials, metal matrix composites, advanced high strength steels, superalloys, powder metallurgy and probing physical properties at nanoscales. The department possess first class equipment which is useful to pursue extensive research in various emerging fields. Following research facilities are available at the department.
- Metallography laboratory.
- Materials Processing Laboratory.
- Materials Testing Laboratory.
- Met/Chemical Analysis Laboratory.
- Mineral Dressing Laboratory.
- Corrosion research Laboratory.
- Fuels, Furnaces and Refractory Laboratory.
- Tribology and surface engineering Laboratory.
- Computer Laboratory.
- Composite Materials Laboratory.
- NDT Laboratory.
- Foundry Laboratory.
- Heat Treatment Laboratory.
- Joining of Materials.
- Materials Engineering Laboratory.
- Magnetic Materials Research Laboratory.
- Microscopy and SEM Laboratory.
Department of Mechanical Engineering
There is an excellent research environment in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at OP Jindal University, underpinned by very well-established links with industry, and a focus on activity which is agenda setting and aimed at issues of present day industry need. Research is organized into three cross-cutting, inter-disciplinary themes: Sustainable Engineering and Innovation in utilization of solar Energy. Simulation, Modelling and Systems Integration. More burning and upcoming area of Robotics and Automation.
- CAD/CAM Laboratory.
- Robotics Laboratory.
- Materials Testing Laboratory.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Laboratory.
- Solar Energy Laboratory.
- Energy Conversion Laboratory.
- Mechanical Vibration Testing Laboratory.
- Central Workshop.
- Quality Control and Production Management Laboratory.
- Advanced Heat Transfer Laboratory.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Laboratory.
- Machine Design Laboratory.
- Internal Combustion Engine Lab.
- Power Plant Engineering Laboratory.